Special Reports

Special Report: 'Handcuffed in High School'

'Handcuffed in High School'

YUMA, Ariz. - In the last 10 years, the number of cases handled by juvenile courts has decreased for almost all offenses nationwide. Locally, the Yuma County Juvenile Court says they're seeing a decrease too.

The Yuma County Juvenile Detention Center sees children ranging in age from eight to eighteen years old. Director of the Detention Center, Tim Hardy, says 80 percent of the kids who go through the system never encounter it again. That leaves 20 percent that ultimately end up on probation.

One individual is part of that 80 percent success rate, however he still manages to make contact with the Yuma County Juvenile Detention Center every day. This is his story.


comments powered by Disqus