News

Trailer catches fire due to cell phone charger

YUMA, Ariz. - Flames were reported coming from a trailer Wednesday at approximately 3:15 a.m. 

 

The Yuma Fire Department found a trailer in the backyard of 469 South Avenue A that was fully involved in fire. YFD were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it could spread to the main residence or vehicles in the yard.

 

The trailer’s occupant had been away for a few minutes but returned to find a fire burning in the sleeping area at the rear. The resident attempted to put out the fire with a garden hose.

 

The fire grew quickly and he then notified the occupants of the main house, who reported the fire. The trailer and contents were considered a total loss.

 

The main house was not damaged, other then the power lines leading to it.YFD determined the fire originated after a cell phone was left on an improvised charger which ignited the fire. The cause was accidental. 

 

The main house was able to be reoccupied, with power expected to be restored later today.

 

The American Red Cross was called to the scene and provided assistance to the occupant of the trailer. There were no injuries.


comments powered by Disqus

Popular Stories