YUMA, Ariz. - The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind Yuma County residents that the 2018 Dove Hunting Season will open this Saturday, September 1, a half-hour before sunrise and runs through Saturday, September 15, at sunset.
Some laws to remember when out hunting:
- Individuals are prohibited from hunting within all municipal and county parks and preserves, including the Yuma East Wetlands, West Wetlands Park, golf courses and airport properties.
- It is unlawful to discharge a firearm while taking wildlife within 1/4 mile of an occupied farmhouse or other residence, cabin, lodge, or building without permission of the owner or resident.
- No person may knowingly discharge any firearm or shoot any device upon, from, across, or into a maintained road or railway.
- A person may not trespass on private property for taking wildlife if that property is posted "No Hunting", “No Trespassing”, or if a person is asked to leave by the owner.
- Other restrictions apply to incorporated areas, hunters should always check with local jurisdictions.
For more information on State law and requirements, please visit the Arizona Game and Fish Department website here.
If you have any questions or need additional information about the dove hunting season, please contact the Arizona Game and Fish Regional Office in Yuma at 9140 E. 28th Street, call 928-342-0091.