News

Fire crew sends out important reminder about water hoses

A fire crew tweeted a photo to remind people of the dangers that can happen from a sitting water hose. 

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue stated that water inside of a garden hose that is not flowing can reach 130 to 140 degrees, which can burn kids and animals. They recommend that people let the water from the hose flow for a few minutes before using it, especially on people. Crews posted a photo of a baby with first and second-degree burns. Public Information Officer Tim Szymanski said, "That happened a few years ago in another community...I use it as an example of what can happen." 

 

 


comments powered by Disqus

Popular Stories